Friday 15 December 2006

Thoughts from Dublin......


Its rainy and cold in the Emerald Isle at the moment. Took a wander around the city today and visited my favourite places. I can recommend the Metro Cafe, just off Grafton St on the corner of South William St. Take a high table near the entrance and watch the buzz of the city go by. I have actually been going there for over 4 years now. If you are lucky the Music School across the road will be in full swing and you will have the chance to hear jazz, chamber, orchestral, any number of quality music arrangements drifting from the windows being played by eager and talented students.
If you have never been to Dublin I would not allow yourself to miss the Long Room at Trinity College when you do visit (see image above). If you have been and missed it, shame on you. It houses the ancient Book of Kells below it and if you have any interest in history or literature of any description I would not let yourself miss it. I make it a compulsory part of every trip here as it is one of those rooms you just walk in and stand in awed silence.
Heading down country with my good friends and hosts, Glen and Maria this weekend. Will hopefully have some photos of the trip soon.

No comments: